Competence of the Constitutional Council
The Competence of the Constitutional Council includes:
- Official interpretation of norms of the Constitution;
- Consideration of laws adopted by the Parliament with respect to their compliance with the Constitution of the Republic before they are signed by the President;
- Consideration of international treaties of the Republic with respect to their compliance with the Constitution, before they are ratified;
- The decision in case of a dispute the questions of correctness of carrying out:
a) presidential elections,
b) deputies of the Parliament,
c) republican referendum;
- Consideration of decisions adopted by the Parliament and its Chambers to their compliance with the Constitution of the Republic.
Constitutional Council also draws conclusions about observance of the established constitutional processes in case of early release or dismissal from a position of the Head of the state.
Separate constitutional competence of the Constitutional Council is constituted by consideration of appeals of the courts which find out infringement of the rights and freedoms of the person and citizen affirmed by the Constitution in the laws and other normative legal acts.